DER Touristik Hotels & Resorts offers environmental protection training in partner hotels covering topics such as water and energy consumption along with how to limit waste. In 2013, the company introduced the environmental management system Norm ISO 14001 in the Calimeras.
The ISO 14001 standard specifies globally recognized requirements for an environmental management system. Its goal is to systematically integrate environmental protection in its managerial thinking as well as in all areas of hotel operations.
The following are among the major requirements:
- Compliance with legal and voluntary obligations
- Operational procedures for continuous improvement of environmental performance
- Definition of environmental policy
- Definition of objectives and measures to improve environmental performance
- Training of employees
- Regular internal audits
- Annual monitoring by an external auditor
Around 320,000 companies and organizations worldwide (thereof approximately 8,000 in Germany) are certified through the environmental management system Norm ISO 14001. Currently, 6 Calimeras and 2 lti hotels are certified according to ISO 14001 standards.
In addition to putting the Norm ISO 14001 programme into practice, DER Touristik Hotels & Resorts carefully selects their new franchise partner hotels on their beneficial environmental protection activities.